madderskies: (♠ phone master)
madderskies ([personal profile] madderskies) wrote2022-10-20 12:10 am
Entry tags:

Yuletide 2022



Dear Yuletide Writer,


Another Year, another Yuletide. My tastes haven't changed much. I love angst and drama but all with the sweet sweet promise of a hard-earned happy ending. I love to see my favorite characters suffer emotionally and physically, though I'd prefer for the consequences to be reversible. My tastes can be varied depending the fandom, but I guess I'm pretty vanilla and like to play it safe with my preferences. Also love AUs that straddle the lines of canon for added effect; Canon AU's are so tantalizing!

Just to add, I don't mind A/B/O at all and clearly ship M/M for some fandoms. If you're not comfortable with writing full blown romance (with nsfw) for people under eighteen (which, Tsurune falls into) I am A-OK with keeping it shounen-ai genre-wise. I'm not really big on nsfw and actually enjoy emotional turmoil/drama/plot movements with a splash of romance over full out nsfw.

My Do Not Wants are: UN-asked for major character deaths, extreme mutilation, extreme mental breaks. In AU's, I'd rather not have characters deviate too much from their canon selves, I would prefer them to still be recognizable from their canon selves if possible!


As for the individual fandoms:


키스 미 라이어 | Kiss Me Liar (Webcomic)
Series is available via Ridibooks, while the novel version at Word Excerpt

[ characters: Joshua Bailey, Keith Knight Pittman, Seo Yeonwoo, Spencer Pittman ]



I would love an AU where Yeonwoo was able to leave his job as Keith's personal secretary before they found out he was expecting. Just the idea of him having Spencer and being able to live away from Keith for a bit before reuniting with Keith again is... interesting. Whether that's with Joshua's help or not is up to you! But I would really love to see some fluff and Keith doing his best to go about things the right way and maybe bonding with Spencer. It could be cute too if it's Spencer who meets Keith first and befriends the angry looking hot man.

If that's not your cup of tea, I wouldn't mind family fluff between Keith, Yeonwoo and Spencer. The sort of in-between-the-lines kind of thing of how their family life is etc.



ツルネ 風舞高校弓道部 | Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu (Anime)
Watchable via Crunchyroll

[ characters: Fujiwara Shuu, Narumiya Minato ]



I think I would love to see some hurt/comfort here. Like I feel like Shuu never really experienced Minato's injury the way Seiya did, but there's no mistaking that there's some kind of intense relationship between Minato and Shuu so it's like those feeling were never really tried by fire so to speak. Anime-wise anyway. So I would love for Shuu to experience first hand the terror of Minato getting hurt and having a taste of that "Oh no i could lose my 'just-a-friend' friend". Of course, the injury is worse than it looks and completely recoverable from but... it's the assumptions and fears and nightmares that count? Maybe?

In short, please give me some Shuu suffering...?

Also, clearly I'm a Shuu/Minato shipper so I wouldn't mind some puppy love in here.



The Other World's Books Depend On The Bean Counter (Manga)
There's a novel translation too on novelupdates.

[ characters: Aresh Indolark, Camile Karvada, Seiichirou Kondou ]



May I please have some Camile/Seiichirou please? Maybe Camile finds out Seiichirou and Aresh's "arrangement" and decides to assist Seiichirou in the same manner as well but you know, with the uh, expertise of a much older man...? Bonus points if Aresh finds out about this in turn and somehow ends up in a consensual sort-of threesome. (Is it a threesome if Person A and B are both into Person C but not each other?) How does Camile's experience as Prime Minister assist him in convincing Aresh and Seiichirou both to include him in their arrangement?



King's Maker (Webcomic)
Season 1 and 2 available at Tappytoon.

[ characters: Wolfgang Goldenleonard, Shin Soohyuk ]



I think I would love to see canon-AUs if possible with the main ship. Things like what if things had ended up differently but the old King was still deposed, how would Wolfgang and Soohyuk have met? Or what about the aftercare after Soohyuk's abduction by Haiyan? I would also love to see a canon-AU exploring and expanding on that part of the story where Soohyuk had a weird magical alternate self floating around -- like what kind of plot could you make out of that if it hadn't been solved?

I would just really love to see more of the main ship in general :D



Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read my Yuletide letter and good luck! May you have all the inspiration for writing!


muuchan